All information about our summer school 2018 can be found from program book (in Vietnamese) available here
Teaching programme at the VSSS’06 will be designed for those who are on early steps of their scientific research and academic career including young higher education academics, postgraduate students, engineers, high-school teachers, or undergraduate students starting their research. Exceptionally, some excellent high-school pupils and others may be considered. The teaching programme includes 4 main themes with 10-15 lecturers given by young and experienced scientists who are expected to inspire the students by their lectures. The lectures covers not only natural science and engineering but also economics and social sciences. Several VSSS’01 students, who obtained certain successes after the first summer school were invited to share their experiences in the interactive and experience-shared session.
Essence of science: This is the traditional theme since the first summer school, including scientific methodology and academic freedom, critical thinking and academic responsibility, scientific ethnics and plagiarism, etc..
Research skills: Basic skills and methodology for scientific research, skills and experiences to prepare academic/research career (including soft skills), presentation and publication of scientific results, and some research reviews. More focus on plagiarism will be presented and discussed.
Applied and Popular Sciences: The applications of science in the daily life, relationship between science and art, history and culture, popular science, applied science and technology transfer.
Experience and Interaction: Some presentations from the school alumina as student speakers about their experience, their achievement and success. Simulating interactions include: application assessment, project applications, team work, etc. as well. A small scientific contest will be carried out between student groups.
TEACHING DESIGN at VSSS’06
Continuing our teaching innovation, VSSS’06 will be constructed like a standard scientific conference which consists of a plenary section (with key plenary lectures) and 4 parallel sessions. The plenary section are designed for all students with general knowledge (e.g. scientific methodology, academic freedom, critical thinking, etc). All students are required to attend the plenary section which includes:
- PL1. Essence of science and research: scientific and research methodology, academic freedom, research environment
- PL2. Scientific ethnics, plagiarism and citations
- PL3. Critical thinking and methodology in social sciences
Together with compulsory plenary section, there will be four parallel sections given after the planetary one. The parallel sections will be dedicated for different students groups. The students are free to join any parallel section that fits their expectation to join in discussion. The parallel sections are including:
- Section 1 (PS1): Skills and experiences of scientific presentation and publication: Student will learn how to present their scientific results at workshop, conference,.., and how to prepare their scientific results to make a scientific publication in scholar journals. Some experiences of funding application, and job hunting in science/engineering career would be presented and discussed.
- Section 2 (PS2). Studying abroad and scholarship: Skills and experiences for preparing admission documents and scholarship application will be presented. Some alumni who are currently studying overseas will be invited to present at this session to share their experience as an interaction session.
- Section 3 (PS3). Education and scientific popularisation: Problem and experiences of STEM education, popularisation of science in the daily life, MOOC and online education, etc.,
- Section 4 (PS4). Research skills and experiences in social sciences and economics
Lectures will be given by our teaching team of young and experienced scientists who are expected to inspire the students by their lectures. List of the key lectures are updated here. Detailed scheduled and time table are updated here.